Launch Day!


I am a humanities tutor in West Vancouver, British Columbia. I offer a wide range of services, including:

  • Last-minute homework help in English Literature and Social Studies / History
  • Writing and editing essays, research projects, speeches (my specialty!) and podcast / video scripts
  • Podcast and website development
  • Reading for fluency, comprehension and expression
    My Purpose
    My goal is the same with every student: to engage, inspire and motivate them to learn. This requires a learning space in which learning is not so much required as it is inevitable
    Learning is a collaborative, creative enterprise. It's something we do together. To that end, I encourage students to be as forthright as they can about their needs and challenges.
    What to expect

    Students can also expect to receive my guidance (and be challenged!) in the following areas:
    • Summarising and note-taking
    • Dividing assignments into manageable chunks 
    • Planning when these chunks are to be completed
    • Stress management and self-advocacy
    • Self-knowledge: developing a learning manifesto for now and the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Imitates Life: Reading Journal II

Reading Journal: Part I